Translate

Friday, February 7, 2014

Five on Friday

What ever happened to the great shows we used to find on HGTV and DIY networks?  In a time when housing is at its lowest level in 40 years, how is it that so many of the shows are about buying homes? Is there a realtor lobby at work in the programming departments? I miss those great design shows that gave us so many ideas for decorating and home improvement.

Today is the twins' half birthday. The little four-pounders are now little bruisers -- and as you can see here, they're already asserting themselves.




What a couple of characters.

My Blissfully Art Journaling group is doing a domino book swap and I had fun making one. I've seen altered dominoes but never did one myself before this. The theme was Valentine's Day, and since I love the romance of Jane Austen I went with images from Sense and Sensibility to decorate this little book.  I liked it so much that I'm making a few more for myself. Here are a couple of views.

 










And finally, if you haven't had enough cuteness
with the babies, above, we have adopted a new
kitty. We've been miserable with the loss of our
two cats, Roan and Kris, within three months of
each other, and though no one can ever replace
them, we had a huge hole in our hearts. Dewey
is thrilled to have a fur baby to keep him company. Meet Cody.




Enjoy the Olympics this week. I'm sure we're all holding our breath and hoping all goes well.
Thanks for visiting! 

10 comments:

Rita A. said...

So much cuteness. Looks like you have a couple of footballers in the family.
love the dominoes. I haven't tried them either.

Janet Ghio said...

Adorable babies-boys and kitten! I love your domino book too!

Eileen Bellomo said...

I didn't have the time (or the dominos) to join the swap, but now I definitely want to give it a try. Yours is gorgeous, and Sense and Sensibility is my favorite Austen book, as well as one of my favorite movies.
I never tire of twin pictures; I feel like I lived through Ally's pregnancy with you, and it is so wonderful to see the boys thriving.
As for Cody, I can't wait to meet him! And it's been ages since I've seen Dewey.

Monica Smith said...

The housing crunch is over in many cities. you can no longer find real deals on homes. Places in the rust belt may strugglebut not so elsewhere. in fact friends have sold houses in record time. Even here in my subdivision a house sold before it was even advertised. The real estate agent just walked someone through it. the house was a rental, then bought as a home by ranchers. Most people in the neighborhood never even knew it changed hands. ( Chris is on the architectural control in Home owners). Love love love kitty, cody. The boys will soon be chasing him.

The domino book is superb.

Chris Flynn said...

Oh my goodness... they are little bruisers! soooo adorable! And, a big welcome to the family to Cody... a cuddle kitten for sure!
Your domino book is fabulous too!
Sweet Blessings, Chris
PS keep posting pics of the adorable grandkiddies!

Shirley said...

Love it all. The boys are fabulous - and the Kitty soooo cute. Your domino books look very tiny - were they hard to make?

lori vliegen said...

wow, teri, your jane austen domino book is fabulous! and i definitely join you in the "sense & sensibility" fan club….it's one of my all-time favorites! give those sweet little bruisers a big kiss on those cutie-patootie cheeks! stay warm this weekend…..xox

Aimeslee said...

Oh my, Teri. That itty bitty domino book sure is cute. Not really my cuppa, but very happy you enjoyed doing it. Welcome to the family, Cody (as in Wyoming perhaps?). I seem to remember that big brother Liam has a milestone coming up as well. I sure hope you establish a cement bond with that lad...as in, whispering to him often he's your favorite, lol....why??? I have a strong feeling you are going to need his loyal assistance with those lil twin bruisers in NO TIME AT ALL! teeheeheehee hugzzz xoxo

Lisa said...

I can't believe how chunky the twins have gotten! Would you ever have imagined it six months ago? Love your new kitty - I'm already thinking I'm going to have to have another kitty when something happens to ours, I've gotten ridiculously attached to having them around!

Lorena said...

I need to learn how to make those domino books! They are so darn cute!